Finding the right IT provider can be a confusing and overwhelming process. There are hundreds of IT providers to choose from who all claim to do the same thing, but it can be difficult to know which one will work best with you. You may find yourself asking, why are some IT providers more expensive than others? Or what happens if I have a sudden technology issue that needs immediate attention? Will my IT provider be able to take care of that?
At Skinny IT, we want to help make the choice more streamlined. We believe our customers deserve the most cost-effective IT solutions and should settle for nothing less.
Because every business leverages technology today in order to be successful, it is essential to have an IT partner you can count on. We suggest considering the following five guidelines to use when choosing an IT partner:
- Open Communication – An IT provider should be available whenever you need them. If there’s a technology issue, your provider should be able to fix the problem immediately to ensure the business does not suffer. As an example, one of our clients was having issues with the Wi-Fi in 87 of their stores across the DFW metroplex. We worked through the night, for several nights, to reset the Wi-Fi network in all of their stores and ensure our client did not have to close their stores during the day. This is the type of open communication and availability you should expect.
- Industry Knowledge – It is also important that your IT provider has many years of industry knowledge and experience. You want someone working with you who understands and anticipates the IT needs of your company. An IT provider should be up-to-date on industry trends and have the ability to forecast up-and-coming technology solutions to keep your company both efficient and relevant.
- Proven Track Record – In the search for an IT provider, it is critical to partner with a company that has a proven track record. Before choosing a provider, check references and see who the company has worked with in the past to determine if they will be a good fit. Although tedious and time-consuming, investigating prior to signing a contract to confirm the provider is the right fit for your company will save time and money in the end. This will ensure long-term success for both your company and your IT provider.
- Ability to be a Partner – You need an IT provider that can be a true partner as your business grows. A partner should have the ability to adapt with the changing marketplace, as well as the ebbs and flows your company may experience. Look for a provider that will be loyal and expand with you as the company evolves.
- Holistic Solutions – Your IT partner should have the ability to provide solutions tailored to your specific needs. The company should evaluate the current state of your IT system and develop a customized plan to enhance it. One customer might only need Wi-Fi installed, whereas another may require an entirely new security system. Regardless of the situation, your IT provider should offer holistic solutions that meet your particular needs.
Not all providers are created equal, and not all will be a good fit for your business. When searching for your partner, remember to keep these five aspects in mind to ensure your IT provider can help your company operate efficiently.